This is from The Latter Days blog:
The following sermon is from Pastor Gary C. Price and is called, “What Was Crucified at Calvary?”
We know that Jesus came as the second Adam to crucify the old sin nature which man was born with as a result of the fall. However, Scripture also makes plain what exemplifies that nature and Pastor Gary C. Price reviews these texts in order to show exactly what was crucified on the cross.
- The forbidden fruit was a forbidden nature. Eve and Adam ingested the fruit or words of Satan and became a partaker of his defiled nature.
- God’s answer is to kill off that nature via crucifixion.
- Religion creates a holding tank for you to indulge your lusts without being crucified. It was instituted by man to make him think he is serving God when he is not.
- Most churchfolk are not saved; they are just churchfolk. The devil has learned the church game.
- The way to be safe from deception is to know the real.
- Satan couldn’t come to the head (Adam) to deceive, so he used the weaker vessel (Eve) to destroy Godly headship. The devil can only rule through abdication by men.
- The spiritual legacy birthed in the Garden of Eden (when Adam abdicated authority to Eve) can be seen historically throughout the Scriptures, culminating in the harlot and the beast we see in the book of Revelation.
- Grace doesn’t keep you in sin; grace pulls you out of sin.
- The purpose of Jesus dying on the cross was not only for Him to die in your place, but to provide the means for taking you to the cross so that the old nature can be killed off.
- After coming to the cross, we need to go through the cross.
- The importance of Jesus’ crucifixion was not horror of His death, but the miracle of His resurrection. Jesus is not presently dead; He is alive!
- When you repeatedly expose yourself to a thing, you are programming your soul to be fed by the same.
- Sin will “talk” to you, which is why we must cast down imaginations.
- The law serves to show us how sinful we really are so that we will understand why we need Christ.
- We can be set free when God renews our mind.
- Don’t go to church, become the church and then He can lead you to the fellowship He has for you.
- The sin nature and the manifestation of its perverse spirit is what Jesus killed on the cross.
- Religion uses spiritual sodomy (accessing you emotionally through your soul rather through your spirit) to keep you bound to the preacher in the pulpit and bound in sin.
- The return of Godly character as reflected in fatherhood is what is needed for the church to be endowed with spiritual power and to set captives free.